Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Delivery

So I tried everything (almost everything) to get myself to go into labor on my own. Nothing worked. Good thing we had scheduled an inducement for the 12th, otherwise I would probably still be pregnant. So I went in at 7:30 in the morning they gelled (does that look right?) me 3 times, which got some contractions going, I walked and walked and bounced on the ball, but no luck. They started pitocin (after I had an early dinner) around 5ish. I asked for my epidural at 6:20 ish, it kicked in around 7 ish, my water broke at 7:10 and little Dallin was out with 2 pushes by 7:44. This was my shortest and easiest labor and delivery by far. There was a little post delivery drama which involved a lot of blood, pitocin being turned up to a 10 to get my uterus contracting (it only took it being turned up to a 4 to have the baby), fluid being pumped out of Dallin's tummy, me taking a snooze because of being sooo tired from the loss of so much blood. Anyway around 11 we were in our recovery room getting ready for bed and very grateful for a happy healthy boy! It took us until the morning we left to decide on a name. It turns out the people in the room next to us named their little boy Dallin. (Hopefully it's not the new popular name.) I actually feel very good, this is the best and quickest recovery I've had. Here are some pre and post delivery pictures.

On our way into the hospital (the quality is not the greatest on these sorry). Had to have a picture of the belly.

Me and Dallin, see the dazed eyes, yeah this was right after the drama, I was about to fall asleep. ZZZZZZZ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful.

Unknown said...

You are Superwoman! That was one big baby. Love ya!

Rhonda Stuart said...

He is so precious. Tell Dawayne Hi from his cousin Rhonda, I am the black sheep of the family and we have moved to Colorado. Congrats!

Mauzy Fam said...

Glad it was a good delivery! I've found a few people with Dallin's but I don't think it's going to be TOO popular to worry. Obviously I LOVE your choice. And again, don't you worry about offending anyone here.