Tuesday, March 10, 2009

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!

Ok, so here is an amazing recipe. I used to make these all the time when I was in highschool and since moving to Flagstaff/getting married, I haven't really made them and when I did, they didn't turn out right. They would go FLAT!!! they still tasted good but I'm not a huge fan of flat cookies. So...with the help of my friend Vonessa and an article she found in a magazine (don't know which sorry) I figured out how to get a perfectly soft, not too cakey delicious chocolate chip cookie. See the recipe below and if you want to know the secret to changing the cookies to a more cakey, or crispy cookie let me know and I'll share the secret!
This recipe is originally from my aunt and they are titled Mrs. Fields Cookies

Cream together
1 C. Sugar
2 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. butter
1 1/2 C. Butter flavored Crisco
3 eggs
2 TBS Vanilla

Then add
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
5 C. Flour
(I sift this all together through my sifter, I think it adds air to the flour but not 100% sure of the purpose, not everyone has a sifter so you could just put all in a bowl and take a fork to it, fluffing it, I guess)

Then add 1 package chocolate chip cookies (sometimes I use less, sometimes more)

Bake at 350 degress for 7-10 minutes ( my oven the perfect time is a little over 9 minutes, but every oven is different, they should be a light brown on the bottom)

Let set a couple minutes on the pan (I make up the next pan while they sit, don't let them set too long) and then put on a cooling rack

I'm pretty sure this recipe makes like 5-7 dozen or so, so they are great for sharing!

Enjoy!!!!

3 comments:

Meg and Russ said...

Hey I have the same problem with cookies going flat. I've heard its because of using margarine instead of real butter so changed that, but still sometimes they turn out flat. So what's your secret?

sara said...

OOOOH. I will have to try these! Flat cookies are the worst.

Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Clouse Family said...

So I'm waiting for new pictures of the cute baby?!