Well, yes its been a while. Life has been so crazy I thought it was time I updated. Well as with my other pregnancies/babies being born our life has taken a huge turn in the direction we were going. Dwayne was laid off from his job a couple weeks ago. Luckily we have been looking for other jobs so now the look is now more intense. I really hope my theory about something major happening everytime I am pregnant does not continue. In the past Dwayne has talked about joining the military. Well we think that now is the time. We still have to do some fasting and make a visit to the temple to make sure this is the right direction for our family, but it feels good as of now. Things will be hard while he is gone and there is even a possibility he may miss the birth of our 3rd bundle of joy. When I tell people this they think it is crazy but when I think about everything that many other people and families have gone through to make this the free country that it is, I feel at peace. I think about our ancestors and the sacrifices they made and this is minimal. He will have the opportunity to serve this wonderful country that we both love very much and he will also have the opportunity to continue his education and get some further training which is much needed in these crazy economic times in order to keep up with what he wants to do. If we make this decision he will be sworn in next week and leave sometime between now and the middle of January pending the availability of his job he is placed in. If we do not make the decision to do this he will be even more seriously job searching anywhere in Arizona and we are even open to Utah. So if you hear of anything please let me know.
The kids had a wonderful Halloween. Adelynn was Cinderlla and Nolan was a dragon. We had a blast at the festival at my work (Flagstaff Athletic Club) as well as at the trunk or treat at church. I will post pictures as soon as I find the camera.
Pregnancy is going great. We ended up deciding not to find out what we were having. We found out with both Adelynn and Nolan and decided why not wait with this one. It adds a little more excitment to the whole thing.
We are looking forward to Thanksgiving and seeing my family in Utah. Now that Dwayne is unemployed we are able to be there just as long as I get the time off. As we go into this wonderful holiday season (my favorite time of year!!!!) I have been reflecting on all of the blessings I have in my life. I feel so grateful to live in the United States of America and enjoy all of the freedom's and rights we have. I also feel grateful to belong to such a wonderful family. I am grateful for the way my parents raised me and the work ethic, generosity, sacrifice, and all of the other values that they instilled in myself and all of my brothers and sisters. I truely am blessed to be married to my best friend and have Adelynn and Nolan (although being a parent isn't easy) in my life. To be a parent and raising kids in these crazy times is a very humbling experience. I am also thankful for the people I can always count on in my life and will help out at a moments notice.
Well I think I've gone on long enough. Hopefully I'll have pictures up soon.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, lots of changes in your home! Good for you for being so optimistic about everything. It was fun to see you at the reunion. I wish I had more time to visit longer. Your family is adorable!! Good luck with the pregnancy.
Camille! I just found you! :) Crazy crazy time for jobs isn't it! How frustrating! Jasper is going through crap at work too. I feel your pain! Let's just move back to campus heights and call it good.
Congrats on your baby number 3!! I asked about names on my blog and got lots of really cool ideas from it! For boys anyway!
Take care!
xoxoxo
Post a Comment