Sunday, November 16, 2008

Adelynn's 4th birthday and Grandpa Barrus' funeral

So I need to post about Adelynn and my Grandpa. Adelynn turned 4 on September 30th. She is very luck to share a birthday with my Grandfather. He passed away the day before he was going to turn 84. We we able to go to Idaho for the funeral. It was a great time to see cousins I had not seen in almost 10 years. A very bittersweet time. My grandfather was such a wonderful man. Until I was in 5th grade we were lucky to live right down the street from my grandparents. We spent the summers and falls working in the garden, planting, weeding, picking, snapping, shucking, and all of the fun things that come along with gardens. I also had the opportunity to spring clean my grandmothers house with my cousin Tasha and mow my grandparents lawn twice a week during the summer. I enjoyed all the time and all the benefits of helping with the garden and helping my grandparents. I am so grateful for that opportunity to learn how to work at such a young age. So here are some pictures of my cute little 4 year old's birthday and my grandfathers funeral. A time to celebrate life and the blessings of knowing that there is life after death.




Here she is my big 4 year old. I can't believe how times flies.


Dwayne and Nolan eating ice cream and cake. YUM!


And the presents. Barbies, Cinderella, a tutu, a barbie car and clothes I think.







My Grandfather's casket

No comments: